Friday, January 16, 2009

Bye Bye KinderCare

I'm heartbroken. I just dropped off Kerris for the *last* time at daycare. I'm sure she'll be back again at some point (when I get a job) but for now I'm really saddened. Once I unbundled her (fighting off the -4 degree temps outside), her good friends Bridget, Hannah, and Wilder all came over to give "ugs" (hugs). Ms. Jami, the teacher, said Kerris started this trend. They all took turns and hugged each other. I nearly melted right there. It was a great thing to witness though not with all my hormones swirling.

Kerris has grown so much in the last few months. I know it's not all because of daycare. This stage in her toddler life has been so amazing. She's spouting out new words every day, acting out songs, diapering her dolls, dancing, using the potty, coloring and most awesomely just interacting with kids her own age. We've signed Kerris up for swim class and music class and we have memberships at the Children's Museum and YMCA. That along with the library, SproutAbout, and gatherings with our mom's group will get us through the winter...and the excitement of course of the new baby. We may try a gymnastics class too. All and all I guess it's not the end of the world that daycare is over and Kerris is back with the Mom Unit full-time because some people would love to be in my situation. I love watching Kerris grown, change, and learn. I'm very lucky.

On another note, our house is a wreck. We moved last weekend in the snowstorm. Well, James moved us, I didn't do much other than pack. James had a tremendous show at the Blue Mermaid. Here are some videos that his friend Ryan took. 35 people showed up, in a snowstorm, and the place was packed. I got food poisoning on Tuesday. That was fun. And now today I have a ton of things to do around the house with Kerris at "school". So I best get started!

No comments: