We got more snow yesterday, nothing substantial so that was nice. We went to story time at the library and then holed up yesterday afternoon and Kerris and I made oatmeal raisin cookies. The Bean Sprout was more interested in eating the sugar but she did help every step of the way.
We had a nice visit with Granna, Grandma, and Grandpa Bill this past weekend. Granna was here overnight and watched Kerris while we did some things around the house. We had a pizza dinner on Saturday with the grandparents and Kerris was thrilled to have them here. After, my mom babysat Kerris, James and I hit the Dolphin Striker for some blues music and then we satisfied my sweet tooth at Brazo with a fantastic caramel pudding dessert and a nightcap!
I helped our friends Randy and Audrey do their baby registry at Babies R Us on Saturday morning. That was interesting. In just 18 months since we've had Kerris there are already new baby must-haves. Goodness. Poor Dos (Parkington Baby #2) is only getting Kerris' seconds.
I've been painting a bit while Kerris naps during the day, I'm getting the closet in our room ready so Dos has one dedicated spot for things...since the child doesn't even have a room...yet. James has been crazy busy at work which isn't necessarily a bad thing in these economic times. Kerris and I walked around town today to get some fresh air and tomorrow we have music class. Yea!
Kerris is still using the potty and her diaper. Per her doctor we're just going with it. No switching to under roos yet! And two days ago Kerris really found it amusing to use the word "no" for everything. That's a fun challenge. It's cute though. When she says "oh no" it melts my heart. It's so cute. She's saying more and more words every day, we can't even keep track at this point. She's been so much fun, even with her latest ear infection. It seems so much easier to remain sane as a stay-at-home mom with an 18-month old, but I may be eating my own words in a month or so as our dynamic changes. Ah, parenthood.
I've been blogging for one year now. That's crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment