Kerris was very serious about making delicious cookies for her friend for her first annual cookie decorating party. I made 3 batches of sugar cookies and Kerris completely cut out the 3rd batch by herself. We also had gingerbread cookies and magic cookie bars for snacking.
The party started at 2:30 and wouldn't you know it everyone showed up right at 2:30. It's good I finished making the icing just then as everyone sat down and started icing, frosting, decorating, and eating!
We had pink, purple, blue, green, and yellow frosting. Decorations included cinnamon circles, smarties, sprinkles, sugar sprinkles, silver balls, and mini chocolate chips. Some of the kids ate the frosting right off of the spoons and others smeared it all over themselves, the table, and the floor.
Of course we served beer and wine and aps for parents. Although if we continue this tradition I'm sure it will turn into a "drop off" party. Maybe I'll end up doing all the drinking. Haha.
The attendees were; Kerris, Thayer, Eveland, Natalie, Alex, Talula, Ranger (infant), Tommy, Molly, Bobby (infant), and Kerris' new friends from school Hannah, Julia, and Jocelyn.
Thayer loved his baseball cookie that James made him.
The artiste extraordinaire!
And at 4:30 the party promptly ended. Kerris and Thayer took advantage of the spills before the big mop fest.



No comments:
Post a Comment