Today is the first day the kids are finally back to "normal" after a week and a half of being utterly sick. Double ear infections, 5-day fevers, penicillin, nebulizer treatments with albuterol and pulmicort for baby asthma, endless requests for huggies (which isn't a bad thing except when I really needed to do something), phlem pukes all over me, and sleepless nights. It certainly has made me appreciate those "normal" days.
These beach shots were taken right before it all hit the fan. We checked out the frozen sand at the beach. And then Pete came over for a visit, or to be ridden like a horse, really.
And the Funky Unkie and Auntie Anne stopped in at our place on their way back to Providence.
Here's Sleeping Beauty. I took a picture of Thayer sleeping too, but the camera ate it. Both kids were falling asleep everywhere; couch, car, our bed...
I took this a few days ago. Thayer was still on the mend.
Kerris bounced back much faster. But it's also because she was put on penicillin 5 days before Thayer. Thayer was only treated for an eye infection initially. The Dad Unit is still recovering from having caught this awful sickness. He called in sick to work on Monday, for the first time EVER (meaning, since I've known him...14+ years).
Here are my sick boys watching TV.
Thayer has been acting out (because of the illness we think) and hitting, kicking, pushing, pinching, and pulling his sister's hair. He even pushed a baby down at the gym!! But as of yesterday afternoon I felt they were healthy enough to put in some good exercise time. I took them to Rumble Tumble, an indoor gym, and they had a blast.


No comments:
Post a Comment