T-minus 9 days and feverishly counting. Baby Parkington #3, just like the last two, is nice and comfortable. Why enter the world too soon?
In the meantime, we've been having a great time with the kids. Thayer either has monster allergies or a cold right now. His nose is a faucet. Maybe trees pollen? Or grass? The weather this spring has been less than desirable but at least our grass is green. And speaking of which, the Dad Unit is definitely putting in his time as official house mower. While I love mowing the lawn I'm OK with relinquishing my responsibilities for the time being.
One thing that has made us chuckle in the last few weeks was asking Thayer what he wants to be when he grows up. His response? A ball. Some days it's a soccer ball, others a baseball. We attempted to go to the soccer arena this week and much to his chagrin it's closed for playtime until the fall. Never have I seen such pure heartbreak when I told him it was closed. It was true sobbing. Thankfully the indoor gym was open early that day and we were at Rumble Tumble for almost two hours!
James' baseball has been going well and he's been playing left and right field, catcher, and pitcher. The kids love going to the games and Pete is always there to throw some whiffle balls to the aspiring batter (TP).
Thayer and the Mom Unit had a special day on Thursday. Kerris went to school with Riley Odoardi and stayed for lunch until 1pm. Thayer and I explored Fort McClary in Kittery, Maine. His favorite part of the day was throwing rocks. We then hit Beach Pea for lunch, one of our friends from UNH and his wife own it. It was a really nice day.
On Friday the kids spent an entire hour in the sandbox covering their feet. I pulled up a bench and sat and watched, which is pretty much all I'm good for lately. Our walk on Friday morning took us around the pond in 40 minutes. Typically it takes me 25 minutes to push them and MAN was I sucking wind. It may be the last time I do that with the babe on the inside!









No comments:
Post a Comment