Last week Granna was here and helped while I continued to recover. We had meals made for us, laundry magically appeared clean in our drawers, and Kerris was tended to quite nicely. Although I'm pretty sure we nearly wiped out poor Granna when the week was through!
Here's Kerris trying on pink shiny princess shoes at Target. She wanted to "buy" them but quickly forgot about them 10 seconds later when we passed an Elmo toy.
- Kerris continues to call herself "you" which is really cute. That's something you never think about. I'm always calling her you so why shouldn't she?
- She can count to 3 and the intonations in her voice are so adorable. I need to try and capture that on video.
- She told me yesterday that Thayer sounded like a mouse. That still cracks me up.
- Diapering animals and playing with play-doh are still her favorite past times.
- She freely goes up and down the stairs by herself and shows independence sometimes walking around the block holding my hand.
- She recognizes all colors but still has difficulty saying green and red.
- Her "bee-ee" is her blanket, thankfully she has one in white and blue.
- Everything that is "new" is better. She got a new nuk (pacifier) and it's better than all the rest. Putting on a new diaper is great. And it doesn't get any better than making new pink bahdoohs out of play-doh.
- Kitty cats are all the rage. Thank goodness for kitty cats.
- Kerris has a bigger sweet tooth than the MU and DU put together. Jelly beans and Sunkist fruit treats top the list. Yikes.
- Just like "goggles" refer to going to the store, "Pete" means strawberries because he brought us some, "Molly" is the name of all babies, and just recently "Pooh" refers to yogurt...because Grandma gave Kerris Winnie the Pooh yogurt when she stayed there for a few days. I get funny looks when I ask her what she wants for lunch and she responds "Pooh."
No comments:
Post a Comment