Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Cape Cob"

Above, Thayer from this morning and Krazy Kerris from earlier this week eating PINKALICIOUS "cuppas" (cupcakes).

We're off to the Cape tomorrow for a much needed vacation. Yippee! Not only do we get to see the Dad Unit for 4 days straight, I'm also off of diaper duty! LOL, yea right.

Shauna, Sean, and baby James visited us on Monday. What a treat! I'm not sure what's happening in this picture but it made me laugh.And it appears Kerris is getting some nice playing time in with Sean.
So Kerris can count to 10. Not sure how that happened, and of course I think she's brilliant. She did it yesterday and then again today. She's also putting 3 word sentences together like it's a breeze and she's constantly making us chuckle. She'll say things like "you shoe off" (remember, she still calls herself "you") "sun in eyes" and "one meow meow come" (meaning her kitty cat toy will come with us, in the car for example). It's fascinating and so cool to watch her grow.

Beware when eating at the Parkington residence! Here's Kerris making mini-pizzas the other day. Today we made a boboli pizza and every third slice of mushroom that went down had a bite in it!In music class today Kerris sat on her own mat across the room from me. Miss independent only wanted to sit in mom's lap for approx. 3 seconds for one of the songs. And when we do quiet time for a lullaby Kerris walks around saying "wake up, wake up."

If Thayer could, he'd shove his entire fist down his throat. He spends hours every day just lubing up that hand and sucking. I'm pretty sure he laughed today but I need to hear it again. He's such a happy boy. He's especially happy in his new sling, so is the Mom Unit. He falls asleep almost sitting up and his legs are crossed. Dang, babies are bendy.Both of our smarty-pants brothers graduated this past week(end). Ty from Bryant University with his business degree and Dave from Franklin Pierce with his doctorate in physical therapy. Congrats to them both, that's a HUGE achievement! Bill took this picture of us at Dave's "party" last weekend in their back yard in Concord.
We had to get out of the house early this morning because it was going to be hot (it hit 95). Here's a brief video from our stop at the red "pay-ton" (playground). [Side notes: she has given 4 of the 5 playgrounds in Portsmouth a color depending on the color of the slides. And when we were at the green playground earlier this week she took a head-dive into a metal pipe when she dropped the bucket scoop on the backhoe in the sandbox! It took her a good minute to recover and now her bruise is brown.]

On a more sappy note, my most favorite moments every day are reading books to the kids. Kerris is a sponge and can't get enough books (we have 12 out from our weekly library trips right now). We sit on Kerris' rug, Thayer is propped up on one blanket and a burp cloth and Kerris has her blanket and lays on her big floor pillow. They're wide-eyed, alert, excited, and smiling. I love this story time especially since it's both of them together. And I get to look into both of their eyes and I can't believe I have two kids and I'm reading them books and they love every word! I know this time will be short and I'm savouring every moment. I'm just in love...

And speaking of my true love, I'm happy he's on vacation. And I'm happy we'll be able to spend time together. Tissue, please. :)
Sometimes I download pictures and James leaves me little treats. I leave you with this one. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: