Tuesday, April 20, 2010

To Maine and Back

Thayer has spent quite a bit of time in the last few days getting dirty. Today he discovered dandelions.

We spent the entire day outside today starting around 8:30 after Skyping with Nanni Di and Papi. It got into the 70s! We planted several rhododendrons by our front porch, tomatoes in our garden, and a few hostas. We have more veggies and a boxwood hedge we still need to plant.

[Side note, Kerris was having a tough time going to sleep tonight. (It may have something to do with too long naps or trying to switch to undies at nighttime.) And one of the times I went in to answer her call she said "Mom, can you say rhododendron?" After a brief discussion about the word I suggested she say the word 10 times and maybe she'd be asleep by the time she finished counting. And as I left the room she said it maybe 5 times, which made me chuckle. I'm not sure if that word kept her awake, but she didn't fall to sleep until around 9pm!]
We still need to plant our Japanese Maple and probably will in the back left corner of our yard. Thayer is inspecting the dirt in this photo.I didn't take any photos last week! James went to Concord with Kerris on Saturday to celebrate Joanne's birthday and visit his Grandfather in rehab, and Thayer and I walked around downtown. And last week was a bad one for Thayer. He had a bit of a hitting scene at music class that I don't care to recall. We spent time at the playground, the Children's Museum and running errands.

The weekend before last we went to Maine. James got a ton done on our house project. We celebrated Jim's birthday and had a great time!



This picture cracks me up, it's like a picture out of a Dr. Seuss book.




No comments: