THE BATHROOM IS 100% COMPLETE!
When people ask what we've been doing for the past 3 months, I invite them in...
This is what the upstairs bathroom looked liked before we closed on the house in December 2008.


This was the old entrance to our bathroom. In order to get to the bathroom you had to go through another room, which was for a while my office. It was designed this way because the bathroom/kitchen was an addition to the house in the 30s. Incidentally, we found a neat crumpled up old newspaper in the wall while James and Aaron and co. demoed the bathroom. It was the Boston American Evening Newspaper (old Boston Herald ) from September 26, 1933.
This doorway is now the entrance to Thayer's closet.

Moments before the demo began, this was the way we'd had the bathroom for a little over a year. The radiator and the toilet are the two things that remain in our new bathroom, in the exact spot they've been in for 70+ years. The old shower & tub is now the new entrance to the bathroom.

This was our gigantic closet. This is now our new shower & tub area.

I had to include this demo shot because it's so crazy! This was taken after the tub was ripped out and they busted through the wall to our bedroom. A new bedroom wall went up and this is our new bathroom entrance. Voila!

This
spread in House Beautiful was my inspiration room.



DRUM ROLL PLEASE....
....
....
....
....
....
Here is our new bathroom!

The sinks, vanity, faucets, closet cabinets, and bench are all from Ikea. The mirror cabinets and shower fixtures are Kohler. The tiles are American Olean. The towel bars are from Target and the lights are from Restoration Hardware. I had the glass shelves between the mirror cabinets custom made. Paint is Barely Teal and Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore.







I love the highlights and shadows on the shell. This seashell was one of my grandmother Doris' treasures. The smooth rock above it is from the Cape.

We received the photo, now framed above our toilet, from James' uncle Andrew and aunt Lisa as our wedding gift. It's of the Cape Cod seashore.

Glass tiles complete with a rice paper shower curtain on a curved hotel rod!

And that's it. It's even more beautiful in person. I can't believe we're done. And now we're able to enjoy it. No more demo, plumbing, wiring, building, trimming, sanding, painting, tiling, sheetrocking, decorating...at least not on the bathroom anyway. :)
4 comments:
wow!!! i loooooove your new bathroom! what a talented hubby you have! :)
Wow, Mallory!
I guess you've thrown yourself into the running for the next Martha Stewart!
Great job, Parkingtons!
~Barb
I love it! What a beautiful job you did. You guys are so clever! Can't wait to see you.
Fantastic job guys! I am so very impressed!! I love, love, love the glass tiles ~ perfect shades of blues/greens. Can't wait to see it in person someday - along with you and the kiddos of course!
Post a Comment