I only have a few moments to post and when I do I want this dang blogger.com to work, alas it's not uploading videos or pictures right now so if you're interested in our haps you'll have to just read letters and not images...
Exactly 1 month after and 57 years prior to my birth, my grandfather "Grandpajack" was born. On Wednesday he turned 90 years old! Happy bday Pajack.
Over the last few weeks I have noticed a considerable change in Kerris; she's comprehending and communicating. And because I'm signing to her and she signs back that definitely assures me she understands. When she's eating I can ask her if she's "all done" or wants "more" or would like something to "drink". She has also been pointing or grunting (like her Dad does when he wants a beer) to objects and just today said "ba" when I said to her "ball". I'll say "Dad is home" and she'll start looking for him. She points to things she wants and gets upset, for example, when she can't reach something like the toilet paper roll while standing up holding onto the seat. She is one determined child. Bulldozing over anything in her path. I'm already just following her around the house.
After two weeks of falling asleep in my arms I unfortunately had to Ferberize her last night. It was a matter of relearning how to sleep on her own so it wasn't too painful. It took 18 minutes last night and then 57 minutes at 1am...then for her morning nap it took 10 minutes and she just went down in 2 minutes for her afternoon nap. We'll see if tonight is the same. It's hilarious though because she's falling asleep ass up with her face promptly planted into her Truffles retriever stuffed animal. I've gone in each time and made sure she was ok and that she was covered with a blanket.
James is playing at a small festival in Portsmouth tomorrow so the fam is shipping out to the coast for the day ending it with a nice BBQ at our friends the Olsen's. Should be a good time.
We hear either this afternoon or tomorrow am if all systems are go on the house contract!
No comments:
Post a Comment