Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Day at the Beach

I spent the better part of the morning using my big trimming sheers and chopped down the neglected front yard. I know we're only renting, but I need to take some pride in where we live...I guess that's why I'm constantly weedwacking and cleaning. And fortunately enough the dude next door just offered us his brand new lawnmower so long as James can fix it. I guess he mowed grass that was 3-4' high and bent the spark plugs or something. It's at least worth a tinkering for the Dad Unit, and if he doesn't succeed, well, I still have my weedwacker and it's fun to tinker anyway.

We ended up foregoing Benny's party and instead Steve and Shayna hit Jenness Beach with us this afternoon (picture to the left is KP in her new beach cabana). We then all enjoyed a nice meal at Jumpin' Jay's Fish Cafe for dinner. Kerris was on her absolute best behavior the entire day. She was so wiped by late afternoon that she actually fell asleep in James' arms wrapped in a towel walking along the beach. Then James miraculously put the sleeping babe into her carseat and she continued to sleep for another 25+ minutes!

Here are some glorious videos from today's outing.

No comments: