So the New Hampshire Film Festival has once again come and gone, and so have our friends Squirrel the Man (we have to say "the man" to Kerris or she gets confused) and Smike. Squirrel came with us to the beach today. Kerris ran all around and Thayer sat and ate seaweed and sand.Kerris the Kitty waiting for Squirrel the Man to come to her house. Squirrel, incidentally, informed Kerris that he lives in the tree out behind our house. LOL.I took this shot of our boy this morning. He was inspecting a guitar string. He LOVES music and musical instruments and bops & sways to any rhythm he hears.The Mom and Dad Unit went out on Saturday night (which I dearly paid for on Sunday) thanks to Granna and Grampa watching the kids.Here's baby fish face... Out at a Film Festival party. Hilarious, James and Mike. Last Thursday at Katy's house; Thayer and Natalie Auntie Roo visited on Wednesday. We walked around town, went to a toy store and then out to dinner at Fat Belly's. When we got home we Skyped with Nanni Di and Papi. Some Kerris-Speak:
"You have to cool on it" = you have to blow on it
"Get in the way" = get out of the way
"Inside backwards" = inside out
I'm so accustomed to the way she speaks that sometimes I don't think twice about what she's saying, because I can translate. But I'm trying to write things down when they crack me up. The best is after she's watched an episode on Nick Jr. and somehow incorporates that into her life. Like going to China (Ni Hao Kai-Lan), or wearing a backpack (Dora), or loving pandas (Wonder Pets), etc...it's pretty funny because I love watching her imagination and excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment