Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING

Yesterday ranked up there with our apartment fire in terms of true 911 fear though it still doesn't compare. After grocery shopping I handed Kerris the car keys to play with while I was putting her in her car seat. Somehow she pushed the lock button and I had placed the keys in the center console so I could reach them from the front seat. Well I shut the door and Kerris was locked in, windows up, on an 80 degree day. 20 long minutes later, Kerris was still in good spirits, though really sweating. I was frantic as I watched the cop try to unlock the car to no success. It wasn't until Super Dad arrived on his friend's pedal bike with the spare set of keys that Kerris was actually saved. Lesson learned. If it's hot out, leave the windows down a tiny bit and ALWAYS have the car keys in your hands. Ugh. I certainly didn't sleep well last night but feel good that she's ok.

Here's our princess from this weekend. She was playing out back while Dad mowed the lawn.
Kerris has recently taken up twirling, aka making herself dizzy. It's rather amusing. Though I could see it turning into an ER trip if she gets too close to the furniture. So we're careful monitoring her new talent.

Kerris and I visited Babies R Us last week looking for a gift for Baby O'Malley. Kerris wanted the stroller for her baby...We also visited the Subaru dealership, for an oil change, last week. She's really practicing the words "baby."

On Sunday we had a fantastic time at Joanne & Bill's. Aaron and Natalie are in town from San Diego and Kate and John came from Amherst with their girls, Emma and Megan. And Dave and Ellisa were there too. Here are a few picts and a quick video from the ice cream farm.


Yesterday I was able to get most of Kerris' hair in a ponytail. She was admiring her new found beauty.I started my Adobe class last night in Portland and James and KP took AP and NP to Flatbread for dinner. James is off from work today. Not sure what today will bring us but it certainly is a rather exciting Tuesday having guests in town!

1 comment:

Courtney Clan said...

Ok I did the exact same thing with Madison - - however the car was in the garage and Madison was not happy. I was jumping around the car, singing songs and performing my best to try and keep her happy. 20 minutes later, we were saved by Mike. My heart goes out to you because it is a helpless feeling!!