Kerris has been keeping us busy, as per usual. Sometimes I run out of ideas for what to do and we go for walks, other days we do some pretty cool things. For example, last Thursday Kerris and I met Granna at the Portland Museum of Art to see the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit. That's was pretty cool until someone told me Kerris was "being annoying and she couldn't hear the movie over her echoy voice." I wished I had told the old hag to shove it and turn up her hearing aids. Kerris was actually being extremely well mannered, especially for a child of her age. Some of the notable things the Beanlette has been doing lately are rather amusing. When she's reading a book and sees a picture of food she'll pretend to eat the page, clicking her tongue (like we do when we pretend to drink her milk). Somehow she picked up on the arm shrug almost to say "I don't know." And she has also mastered being "cold." She'll pretend to shiver and shake her arms in the air. It's one of her funnier signs. Kerris has also figured out how to get herself down off of the couch, backwards. And lately she's been lifting my shirt and pointing to my belly saying "baby" (and I hope it's only something she does at home!). Which leads me to the final development and that is that she's learned how to say her long As and is actually saying "baby." It's really cute. Click here for a video I took this morning if it doesn't show up below.
We visited Applecrest Farms in Hampton Falls this weekend while out looking for cars. We normally hit up Gould Hill in Contookcook for apples because of the view but this may be our new orchard. You can pick apples, peaches, blueberries, and raspberries. They have hayrides, a pumpkin patch, face painting, animals, stuffing your own scarecrow, and an entire market of fresh foods not to mention the live bluegrass music! It's so cool. We're looking forward to going back. Where Is Kerris...?James sold Caroline and has purchased a 1998 Toyota Civic. It's a 2-door, manual and is pretty sporty. Thankfully it won't be the family wagon because getting KP in and out of a 2-door vehicle into a car seat is going to be miserable. The MPG is going to be fantastic though!
No comments:
Post a Comment