It's amazing & entirely perplexing how things happen sometimes...kind of like how I found Ty's sunglasses underneath our couch yesterday after 6 months. And this same week Ty found two other things that he'd been missing for quite some time... And as we're cleaning out junk in the anticipation of a move (some day) I found a printed out email I had received from my grandfather 10 years ago today. This is how it reads:
Today is a day that has lived in infamy for century after century. Tomorrow, however, will be one that will be celebrated for years to come one day before that of St. Patrick in honor of St. Urho, the Patron Saint of Finland, who banished the grasshoppers from it's vineyards.
Now for an old Finnish adage, "Even a fish can't swim without "Fins".
Have a happy day and smile a while as I bid you fond adieu.
Love to all from G. & G. 3-15-98
Pretty neat. Make sure you raise a glass in honor of this momentous occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment