Monday, March 10, 2008

Visiting the Cousins!


The Parkingtons jumped in the car yesterday morning after what seemed like an extremely short nap. (Yes, we sprung our clocks forward and I'm still exhausted!) We drove 2 hours south to Amherst MA to celebrate Megan's 2nd birthday. The snow in western MA is non-existent. Lucky. I don't think our snow will ever melt. And our sump pump keeps going off every 15 minutes to drain our basement. Sweet.

This video is so cute. It's hella short but it tells the story. Megan blew out the candle herself!

And in the image above Kerris looks stunned. It really was quite amusing. Megan planted a big fat kiss on Ms KP after Megan opened her birthday present (the red Gymboree dress). It was even funnier in person because it was a loooooooong extended kiss. haha!

Kerris is nearing 7 1/2 months and continues to amaze me (us) every day. She's signing "milk" and "more" and "pick me up". I love sign language. What a fantastic way to alleviate the mystery for what she wants. She's also doing a half wave but I can't seem to figure out if it's her version of "all done" or she's just trying to wave. Kerris is so close to crawling. She sits Indian style and rocks forward but doesn't actually crest. And she's pulling herself up in the crib which is frightening. (That exersaucer has really helped build her leg muscles, I guess!) She's constantly amused by complete strangers. Sometimes I catch her giving this big two teeth grin at someone in the grocery store and I look and they aren't even looking at her. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the person's energy that's making her smile. But nevertheless I'm thrilled she's happy most of the time.

Anyway, our friends Steve and Jenny are due today. We haven't heard anything yet but can't wait to see what this little Noah Copson looks like!

No comments: