Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mommy's Time Out

The MU did it; I spent 24 hours away from the child and we all survived! Kristin, Alice, Jessica and I spent the afternoon yesterday shopping at Settler's Green in North Conway, NH and pampering ourselves at The Cut Off Salon & Day Spa getting pedicures and manicures. We relaxed in our hotel for a few hours exchanged stories, laughed, and polished off this fantastic wine that Alice brought called Mommy's Time Out Pinot Grigio. It was seriously so appropriate. We finished the night off with a nice dinner at Bellini's Ristorante Italiano. I had my signature fattaccine al fatso. Poor Jess ordered a garlic meal that we were all still smelling this morning!


I got in 7 straight hours of sleep, which we all know is priceless. Up at 6:30, Jess and I took a walk into North Conway proper. It started to rain on our way out of town but nothing really could put a damper on the 24 hours. It was a fantastic getaway.

Upon my return home we sped off to Lowe's with Wooby to purchase the new bathroom fixtures. He'll start the work tomorrow so we'll at least have a month or so to enjoy the bathroom before we hand over the house to the new owners. Yippee!

No comments: